1. Menu Express
2. PIXEL CMS
4. The Anti Social Network
Client: SSEL Ltd.
Application Specifications: 100+ Users, 20+ ware houses, Android App users onsite, multiple logins with varied features
SSEL is a electrical transformer manufacturing company which also has a projects wing which executes electrical projects in the distribution sector. The project monitoring system is an ERP type application which encapsulates the entire process of the projects department of SSEL.
The projects department has many sub departments working in cohesion, the various sub departments include purchases, accounts, warehouses, billing, planning, onsite workmen etc.. All these departments work together to execute a project in the given time schedule.
The Problem: Since all the process is manual there were multiple problems in the process:
- There was no particular system or software that the purchases department was using, right from enquiries to raising a purchase order to payment to the vendors, so data reconciliation was very difficult
- All the warehouses were like small islands that were following their own methods for maintaining data, this was making the process of monitoring and consolidation very difficult.
- The company had to rely on the supervisors working in the site to get data on the progress of the work there was no means of proper communication from the site to the central office to plan the work schedule accordingly.
- The surveys that are done before executing the work and after executing the work were done manually to estimate the material that is existing and material that was used after the work is done.
- Billing was done using excel sheets, this created a huge problem for reconciliation taken into account the volume of billing that the company has to process every month.
- There were problems of material seepage due to lack of rigid processes of monitoring
- Each process was separately identified and customized modules were built for each process accordingly, request for a new cheque book, request for a LOC etc. and analyze and print reports
- The entire purchases department was brought onto an ERP type application where they would carry out their process online right from vendor registration to enquiring about materials to raising purchase orders all the processes were automated.
- All the warehouses were given individual modules to automate their process thus monitoring the inflow and outflow of materials was made easy and efficient
- The entire billing section was automated where they could just upload the soft copies of the bills and reconcile the billing of each project effortlessly
- Each supervisor on site was given an android app through which he could do GPS surveys, these GPS surveys could map the entire project on the map and extract useful data out of it with high accuracy
- The work progress could also be monitored through this app, supervisors from the site can send GPS pictures, pictures along their GPS location of where they were taken and the time and date of capture was also recorded for monitoring purposes